The annual CAG Research Topics in GI Disease meeting, held in advance of CDDW™, provides a unique educational opportunity for graduate students, medical students, and PhD/MD postdoctoral trainees (including adult or pediatric trainees beyond their core training i.e. “PGY5”) who are engaged in gastrointestinal research. This small group meeting provides an intimate setting for participants to present their research findings, and engage in career development workshops and skill-building exercises among enthusiastic expert faculty in the field. Participants are required to register to attend CDDW™ and can take advantage of the incredible selection of topics and sessions in addition to a Trainee Mixer one evening.
Successful candidates will:
- Be a CAG Trainee Member or a CASL Trainee Member at the time of abstract submission or will have applied to become one by December 1, 2022
- Be graduate students, medical students, PhD and MD postdoctoral trainees including adult or pediatric trainees [beyond their core training i.e. “PGY5”] engaged in gastrointestinal research
- Not have attended a Research Topics in GI Disease meeting before - there is an EXCEPTION in place for attendees of the virtual programs in 2021 and 2022.
- All applicants must identify themselves as the abstract’s presenting author in order to be considered for this meeting
- DEADLINE: The deadline for electronic abstract submission is October 12 at 11:59 PM ET at which time the system locks. Abstracts in draft will not be accepted after the deadline, nor can any changes be made.
- Abstracts must contain original research with results reviewers can evaluate (‘results to follow/to be presented’ is not acceptable)
- Only new data that has NOT been previously published or presented at another meeting may be submitted. If you add new data/findings to your previously published/presented abstract then it is eligible for submission to both Research Topics and CDDW™.
- Registration to attend CDDW™ is required to present your abstract and is a separate process from submitting an abstract. Register early to take advantage of our early bird pricing.
- If your abstract is selected for the Research Topics program (and you, in turn, accept the invitation to attend) your supervisor will be notified of any absence you have from the program and they will in turn be invoiced $500 per day (or any portion thereof) that you miss. Space is limited and the organizers wish to ensure that only those committed to attending the program in its entirety submit an abstract/accept the invitation to participate in Research Topics (the approximate cost for CAG for each participant is $2000).
- You MUST include a letter from your Supervisor which outlines your current position and confirms that he/she has reviewed, and approved, your abstract submission and acknowledges that you have done the majority of the work.
- ENSURE your supervisor has critiqued your abstract to advise any improvements to give you your best chance at acceptance!
- If you are a clinical trainee, the letter must include:
- 1) the program you are registered in and your year of training, eg. PGY level, and
- 2) confirms that your supervisor/training program director has reviewed, and approved your abstract submission and acknowledges you have done the majority of the work.
- Only one (1) Research Topics abstract submission per applicant.
- Your Research Topics abstract will automatically be submitted to the CORE CDDW™ program. DO NOT submit the abstract to the CORE program as well.
- In submitting your Research Topics abstract you are agreeing (if accepted) to attend and present your abstract at the CORE CDDW™ Meeting as well.