Research Topics in GI Disease Meeting
Successful candidates will:
- be graduate students, PhD and MD postdoctoral trainees including adult or pediatric trainees [beyond their core training i.e. “PGY5”] engaged in gastrointestinal research
- be Canadian resident or landed immigrant
- DEADLINE: The deadline for electronic submissions is October 15 11:59 pm EDT. Please note that if you begin your abstract submission on October 15th and run into any technical difficulties, you may not be able to access technical support. It is advisable to start the submission process well in advance of October 15th. The site will close at exactly 11:59 pm EDT on October 15th – if you are in the system at that time and have not completed your submission you will be frozen out and your submission will not be completed or accepted.
- The Research Topics Meeting is intended for Canadian trainees and students in gastrointestinal research (graduate and undergraduate students, postdoctoral trainees including adult or pediatric GI trainees [beyond their core training i.e. “PGY5”]).
- Only new data that has NOT been previously published or presented at another meeting may be submitted. If you add new data/findings to your previously published/presented abstract then it is eligible for submission to both Research Topics and CDDW™
- If submitting an abstract to Research Topics Meeting - your supervisor must be a CAG/CASL member or have applied for membership at the time of abstract submission.
- Registration to attend CDDW™ is required and is a separate process from submitting an abstract. You do not need to register for CDDW™ prior to submitting your abstract, however if you are the presenting author, and your abstract is accepted to the meeting you must register for CDDW™ prior to December 15 (conference registration fee is $50 plus applicable taxes for CAG/CASL trainee members and $600 plus applicable taxes for non-members). CDDW™ registration fees go up after December 31.
- If your abstract is selected for the Research Topics Meeting (and you in turn accept the invitation to attend) you are confirming that you will attend the Research Topics meeting in its entirety (including staying on-site for the duration of the meeting and attending the dinners).
- *NEW THIS YEAR* A $35.00 (US) submission fee must be paid for the abstract to be considered. You will be prompted in Step 6 of the submission process to pay online (Visa, MasterCard). Please be sure to read the 'no refunds' policy prior to submitting your payment.
- You MUST include a letter from your supervisor confirming that he/she approves your abstract and attendance at the meeting. Abstracts will NOT be accepted without this approval. You will be prompted to upload the letter (must be PDF file format).
- Only one (1) Research Topics abstract submission per applicant.
- Your Research Topics abstract will automatically be submitted to the CORE program. DO NOT submit the abstract to the CORE meeting as well.
- In submitting your Research Topics abstract you are agreeing (if accepted) to attend and present your abstract at the CORE CDDW™ meeting.
Download Expense Form here.
Signing the Expense Form verifies that no other funding has been received for the incurred expenses.
A per diem allowance is not provided.
The lowest cost economy-class flight fare will be booked through the CDDW™ travel agent, Tourmasters Travel. Tourmasters will then look for options matching your request and will contact you to confirm your flights which will be billed to the CAG master account. Login details will be provided closer to CDDW™. As flights are lowest fare economy class, they are neither changeable nor upgradeable, thus please carefully consider your departure and arrival times before confirming to Tourmasters Travel. Any cancellations/changes thereafter (and subsequent fees) will be your responsibility.
Accommodation must be booked through the CDDW™ event planner, E=mc2 Events. This event company will contact you regarding your desired length of stay. The CAG will cover your accommodation (base room rate + tax) for the nights of the Research Topics Meeting with additional nights being at your expense.
Note: accommodation will be shared for GRIT, Scholars' and Research Topics trainees/students. You are responsible for any and all incidental costs charged to your room.
Research Topics Meeting faculty will be reimbursed the cost of transportation to and from the meeting venue. The CAG will not reimburse for rental cars, parking or transportation costs outside of the travel to and from the meeting/event. If you choose to rent a vehicle, reimbursement for such will not exceed an inclusive maximum of $130.00. Personal vehicle mileage incurred to and from the meeting will be reimbursed at a rate of $0.55/km.
Research Topics Meeting trainees/students will be responsible for paying their own ground transportation and will not subsequently be reimbursed for this expense.
Honoraria are not provided for faculty of the Research Topics Meeting.
Meals will be provided for the duration of the Research Topics Meeting. Hence, additional meals should not be required and will not be reimbursed.
The CAG will not reimburse any costs related to spouses or guests – accommodation must be arranged on your own.
Procedure for Abstract Submission
Step One: Abstract Submission - Deadline is October 15 11:59 PM (Eastern)
Candidates are required to submit an abstract using the CDDW online abstract system. All policies and procedures for submitting abstracts are outlined on the online abstract system.
- If you are logging-in (see link below) for the first time to submit an abstract, once in the site, choose "Create an Account" from the left-hand menu bar and create a User ID and Password for direct log in on future visits to the site. If you have previously been in the system related to an abstract submission please use your existing User ID and Password.
- To submit to the Research Topics in GI Disease Meeting, enter the site through the link below (then enter your User ID and Password).
- Once in the core abstract system, review the “Abstract Submission, Instructions for Authors” information carefully before preparing and submitting your abstract.
- Click on the "Submission" tab from the menu.
- Click on "Create New Submission" link on the left hand side.
- Click on "Abstract Submission for Research Topics in GI Disease" radio button.
- Once in the Research Topics abstract system, please review the Research Topics Abstract Submission Instructions carefully before preparing and submitting your abstract.
- Please ensure that all required fields are completed and that the information you provide is correct.
- Verify that the email that you enter or the presenting author is correct, as this will be used for all future correspondence regarding your submission. PLEASE DO NOT use a 'hotmail' address, as it is unlikely that subsequent email correspondence from the CAG regarding your submission will reach you.
Step Two: Review
Candidates will be reviewed by the CAG Research Topics Committee.
Step Three: Approval
The CAG will contact all candidates to advise if successful or not. The abstracts that are accepted to the Research Topics in GI Disease Meeting are also considered for presentation at CDDW™.