Research Conference Grant
This grant is meant to support organizers to fund a conference in Canada which is expected to benefit CAG members and trainees (basic and/or clinical). Conferences are intended to be larger meetings of more than 50 participants and to be no more than one or two days in duration and to incorporate both local and international faculty. The grant can be used to offset costs incurred by allowing trainees and participants to attend the meeting (e.g. registration, travel, accommodation and meals) but not for payment of honoraria. One conference grant will be supported in any one 12-month period between July 1st and June 30th.
One grant, of up to $10,000, may be awarded.
- Applicant(s) must be CAG members in good standing for at least three years.
- The conference must be a standalone meeting, i.e. not an annual / biannual meeting.
- The conference must incorporate a trainee program/involve trainees; optimally both basic and clinical.
- The CAG’s sponsorship must be formally recognized on the conference materials and related signage.
- The applicant may not apply concurrently for the CAG Research Workshop Grant.
Step One: Submit Application - Deadline is September 1 11:59 PM ET
Applicants must submit online application.
Step Two: Review
The VP Research Affairs and at least three committee members review all applications.
Step Three: Approval
Upon review successful applicants will be notified within one month of the submission deadline.
Step Four: Post-Program Submission
A report, including copies of all conference materials and signage, detailing how the funding was used must be submitted no later than one month after the conference.