Plan Your Presentation
The Implementation Committee would like to thank all co-chairs and speakers for their role in making CDDW™ such a success. Below are some instructions to assist faculty.
All presentations must:
- be prepared in PowerPoint, widescreen 16:9;
- begin with a slide disclosing any actual/apparent/potential conflict of interest, or a statement indicating that no relevant financial relationships exist;
- disclose any discussion of investigative use or off-label application of medicines, medical devices, or procedures;
- ensure the description of therapeutic options utilize generic names or both generic and trade names
- identify any slides you did not prepare yourself, and
- identify which CanMEDS roles will be covered in the talk (for clinical talks, a requirement of the Royal College)
- reference any sources for Images and Data on the bottom of the applicable slide
Presentation Slide Template
Final PowerPoint slides are requested by February 3, 2020 for vetting of conflict of interest and for session co-chairs to review talks for potential overlap. Slides should be directed as follows:
- SYMPOSIUM & WORKSHOP SPEAKERS should email their slides to their session co-chairs for vetting
- BREAKFAST & SMALL GROUP SPEAKERS should email their slides to CDDW Committee (CAG National Office) for vetting by Education Affairs
- Co-chairs who are also presenting within their session should send their slides to their co-chair for vetting
Speakers are responsible for bringing and loading in advance their presentations for the conference. Embedded video or audio files should be included as separate files.
- For all sessions held in the main plenary rooms speakers should present themselves at the Slide Preview Room at least four (4) hours before their presentation to have their final slides loaded. If your session is early in the morning please load your slides the day before. Slide loading is NOT allowed in the main plenary rooms.
- For Breakfasts and Small Groups, slides may be loaded in the room for the session ½ hour prior.