The intent of this program is to provide a grant of up to a maximum of $5,000, which is to be used to promote the attendance of CAG trainee members (basic and/or clinical) at national or international conferences. The award can be used to offset costs incurred in attending the conference such as registration, travel, accommodation and meals. Payment of honorarium is not permitted. Eligible CAG trainee members are those whose abstract has been accepted for presentation. A maximum of 3 workshops will be supported in any one 12-month period between July 1st and June 30th.
1) One (1) competition is held each year with application deadline of September 1st.
2) The Chair of the CAG Research Committee and at least three committee members reviews all applications.
3) Applications should be made in the form of:
a) a letter of request from the conference organizing committee, or representative thereof, which details the broad perspective of the conference;
b) a detailed program of events;
c) a statement as to the expected benefits of trainee attendance at this conference.
4) Upon review successful applicants will be notified within one month of the submission deadline.
5) Three grants, of up to $5,000 each, may be awarded as outlined above.
6) A report detailing how the funding was used must be received in the CAG National Office no later than one month after the conference.
Applications (in electronic format) should be sent to the CAG office.
Additional enquiries should be addressed to:
CAG National Office
#224, 1540 Cornwall Road
Oakville, ON L6J 7W5