CAG Research Workshop Grant
The intent of this program is to provide a grant of up to $5,000. The grant is meant to support organizers fund a conference/workshop which is expected to benefit CAG members and trainees (basic and/or clinical). The grant can be used to offset costs incurred by allowing trainees to attend the meeting (e.g. registration, travel, accommodation and meals) but not used for payment of honorarium. A maximum of 2 workshops will be supported in any one 12-month period between July 1st and June 30th.
- One (1) competition is held each year with application deadline of September 1st.
- The VP Research Affairs and at least three committee members review all applications.
- Applications should be made in the form of:
- a letter of request from the conference organizing committee, or representative thereof, which details the broad perspective of the conference;
- a detailed program of events;
- a statement as to the expected benefits of trainee attendance at this conference.
- Applicant(s) must be CAG members in good standing
- Upon review successful applicants will be notified within one month of the submission deadline.
- The CAG’s sponsorship must be formally recognized on all conference materials and related signage.
- A report, including copies of all conference materials and signage, detailing how the funding was used must be received in the CAG National Office no later than one month after the conference.
- The applicant may not apply concurrently for the CAG Research Conference Grant.
- Two grants, of up to $5,000 each, may be awarded as outlined above.
Upon review, successful applicants will be notified within one month of the submission deadline.
Applications (in electronic format) should be sent to the CAG office.
Additional enquiries should be addressed to:
CAG National Office
#224, 1540 Cornwall Road
Oakville, ON L6J 7W5