The CPD/CME program of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology (CAG), under the leadership of the CAG Education Committee, is committed to providing an educational environment that fosters the continued professional development of its members through diverse learning opportunities and programs that promote and enhance their clinical, scientific and procedural skills, as well as facilitating opportunities for self directed assessment and learning to ultimately enhance patient care.A recipient of the 2011 & 2012 Royal College Accredited CPD Provider Innovation Award
CAG CPD Aims and Goals
- Enhance the scientific and tacit knowledge, clinical and procedural skills relevant to the practice of gastroenterology.
- Promote and facilitate the adoption or integration of new scientific evidence into practice.
- Improve the performance of gastroenterologists in achieving improved health outcomes experienced by patients.
- Provide strategies and tools to enable gastroenterologists to self-assess their professional needs to facilitate and support self-learning and practice assessment activities.
- Enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the self-directed learning skills and strategies of gastroenterologists to facilitate the management of their continuing professional development.
- Enable gastroenterologists to individually or collectively review their performance in practice.
- Promote the ability of gastroenterologists to share their practice experiences as members of a community of practice.
- Promote learning strategies linked to a health professional team or group to enhance learning outcomes.
- Link learning activities and strategies to all CanMEDS roles and competencies