CAG Latin American Studentship Award
As a component of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology’s efforts to enhance its global presence/impact, this studentship opportunity presents an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to conduct gastrointestinal-related research in a Canadian University or Research Center. The research project can be basic or clinical science, and related to any aspect of gastrointestinal function.
- A maximum of one (1) award of $4,000 will be made annually.
- The student must spend a minimum of twelve (12) weeks in Canada (it is the supervisor’s responsibility to ensure that all appropriate immigration and tax documentation is put in place). This successful awardee/supervisor will confirm a twelve week term, at any time during 2013, to implement this award.
- It is anticipated that $4,000 will not cover the entire costs and that any short-fall will be provided by the Canadian supervisor (support from the University in Latin America, if available, or from Federal funding programs, may also be sought).
- Funds can be used to cover travel costs, living expenses and research operating costs at the discretion of the CAG member (i.e. supervisor).
- The applicant must be registered in a full-time undergraduate degree program or graduate program at a recognized university in Latin America. A letter attesting to this must to be provided by the Departmental/Program Chair.
- The student must be of good academic standing in their home institution.
- The supervisor in Canada must be a Regular member of the CAG and be in good standing.
- Deadline for applications is November 15, 2013.
- The applications will be reviewed by the CAG Research Affairs. The successful applicant will be notified by December 15, 2012. Funding will be provided in advance of the twelve week term confirmed by the applicant/supervisor.
- Criteria for support: academic and research standing of the applicant, letters of support for the applicant, scientific excellence of the proposal, quality of the proposed supervisor and the research environment, relevance to GI research and potential value to the applicant and their home institution.
by November 15, 2013.
CAG National Office
#224, 1540 Cornwall Road
Oakville, ON L6J 7W5
Toll free: 1.888.780.0007