IBD Practice Audit
Inflammatory Bowel Disease- Practice Audit
The CAG has entered into a partnership with Janssen Inc. to create a practice profile in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Participation in this practice profile will allow participants to claim Section 3 credits (3 credits per hour) as it will be a CAG accredited educational program. Development of this CAG practice audit educational tool will follow the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) guidelines for co-development. Participating physicians will utilize an on line tool aimed at facilitating fast, easy access to retrospective practice data and provide the opportunity to compare personal practice data with aggregate data from peers.
The patient to be assessed is one that has been diagnosed with IBD and has 1-5 years of disease duration. Participating physicians are asked to assess ten (10) Ulcerative Colitis patients and ten (10) Crohn’s patients. All data collected is confidential. There are no patient or physician identifiers in this practice profile.
Practice Profile includes three (3) sections:
- Five (5) one time entry of demographic descriptors
- Eleven (11) fast and easy patient history questions for each selected patient
- Seven (7) brief profile questions answered for each of the 3 most recent visits
- No more than 1 minute to complete the one-time entries
- Approximately 3-4 minutes per patient audit there after
Practice Profile timeline is September for approximately three (3) months.
If you are interested in participating please contact Janet Rochemont by email at