CAG Research Conference Grant
The intent of this program is to provide a grant of up to $10,000. The grant is meant to support organizers to fund a conference in Canada which is expected to benefit CAG members and trainees (basic and/or clinical). Conferences are intended to be larger meetings of more than 50 participants and to be no more than one or two days in duration and to incorporate both local and international faculty. The grant can be used to offset costs incurred by allowing trainees and participants to attend the meeting (e.g. registration, travel, accommodation and meals) but not for payment of honoraria. One conference grant will be supported in any one 12-month period between July 1st and June 30th.
- One (1) competition is held each year with application deadline of September 1st.
- The VP Research Affairs and at least three committee members will review all applications.
- Applicant(s) must be CAG members in good standing for at least three years.
- The conference must be a standalone meeting, i.e. not an annual / biannual meeting.
- The conference must incorporate a trainee program/involve trainees; optimally both basic and clinical.
- A report, including a copy of conference materials and signage, detailing how the funding was used must be received in the CAG National Office no later than one month after the conference.
- The CAG’s sponsorship must be formally recognized on the conference materials and related signage.
- The applicant may not apply concurrently for the CAG Research Workshop Grant.
- One grant, of up to $10,000, may be awarded as outlined above.
Upon review, successful applicants will be notified within one month of the submission deadline.
The following expenditures will be considered eligible for funding:
- Costs associated with planning, publication, translation, and/or dissemination;
- Fees or honoraria for the preparation of background documents (e.g., environmental scan, market reports and analysis);
- Travel and accommodation for participants;
- Meeting rooms and associated meeting costs (e.g., audio-visual equipment, videoconferences);
- Hospitality costs (non-alcoholic refreshments or meals);
The following costs are not eligible for support:
- Purchase or maintenance of equipment;
- Operating costs of research projects.
How to Apply
Fill out the online application form. Deadline is September 1st, 2015.